Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Poisonous

The lines tell a story
Of progression and broken tracks of discovery
The scars tell a novel of life's challenges and self building
And I fail not to dwell
I try not to drown in the past
As I struggle for air from the distant ascent up to the top

Stagnant air I breathe
In a world which has it's own control
Chains and barriers made of cold steel
I try not to feel this song was written for you
That the other was written from me to you
As I suffocate under endless words of stunning truth

Pure soul
Pure life
Pure flesh and pure thoughts
Dipped in staining tar;
Charcoal which leaves residue
You were the knight in sparkling armour
Were the dream alive each day
You were my renaissance man
The spark
The reason
The truth behind each of my locked doors

Excuse me while I drown you in this confesssion
As you break free and find your own
My soul
My skin
My thoughts soaked in this infectious substance
One day he says I will break free of this enchantment
Escape from the prison I built for myself

1 comment:

Conflagration Lavender said...

Whats even more poisonous is holding in your feelings. Holding it in is like a tumor growing, soon would be your demise if no pressure is released.