Thursday, June 07, 2007

Limbo Steps

Emotions are like sparks from the flames
Random, soaring, unpredictable, wild
Sometimes void just tends to prevail
Laughter comes to mind also, smile through pain
Confused as to whether I'll talk to you again
Second chances is my name
Always willing to try again
Only so many cards of hearts I can deal
Before I've given them all away

So long ago, the pain renewed
Worst fears confirmed, no surprises
Always knew it inside but denial's middle name
The anger just like balloons, rises and rises
Knew it inside, I tell you
Pushed him to find the truth
For you would never reveal
The darker side there was to you

Not so much betrayal; disappointed, done deed
Knew it over a dozen months ago
Always said inside I would snuff our flame
I am alone now in this cold dark empty room
Spilt pills before me, contemplating what to do
Mascara face, weary eyes
Dreading to sleep for fear of dreams haunted with your eyes

1 comment:

Conflagration Lavender said...

pain... always letting us know we are still alive and letting us know what is wrong. Fear, in the other hand, is just as real as the boogie man. It's not there but it torchers us. Conquer that fear and it becomes yours to command...

Bravo on the emotions that show...its better to spread your wings than to stay perched and unnoticed