Saturday, July 30, 2005

Under This Tree

This is my home that I know too well
So many stories that these walls can tell
I was so happy here, content to stay
I’ll be ready to say goodbye one day

Standing here, twirling beneath this tree
I lay beneath with friends a year back minus three
The leaves lay rejected on the ground
New leaves will appear like doors all around.
Which one shall I open if any at all?
Which one will be safe, which will make me fall?

Don’t ever change, don’t ever let this love die
I promise you I’ll keep this fire alive
There’s so much you haven’t seen of me
Clasp my hand and don’t ever break free.

The place we share doesn’t matter anymore
All that does is how happy we are
I’ll sacrifice everything to be with you
Just say you want the same thing too

I’ll leave my whole world behind
So I can see what more of us I can find.

1 comment:

Louis Cyphre said...

Good poetry I think. A got one on www.exiliadodelparaiso.blogspot.com.... but it's in spanish... kisses