Saturday, July 30, 2005

Me and You

Shall we take a chance right now?
Pin our hopes and dreams on us
Working out and plan a future
Our eggs in one basket, let’s take the chance.

Who knows what cards we’ll be dealt
Not sure about you, but I’ve never felt
Things lat forever or work this well
Our love can still burn in the fire of hell.

Tell me I’m wrong
Hold me close tonight
Fight away the impending light
Lay here now for however long
Lets turn this into our song.

Our future can meet a junction
We could go our separate ways too fast
I’m still waiting for the sun to set
No way can something this good last.

In twenty, thirty, forty years time
I might still be saying you are mine
Maybe we’ll be at opposite sides of the moon
Split apart and never see one another again soon.

Tell me I’m stupid
Twirl me high tonight
Scare away the horrors in sight
Stare up at the same bright star
And lets stray away too far.

No comments: