Saturday, July 30, 2005

Metaphor

The sun is hot and its pulse is strong
I sit here listening to song after song
That meet the rhythm of my heart
Pulsates through right from the start.

Lazy Sundays with my window open
While my favourite bands play at The Bowl
Unable to hear them like I’m unable to move
It feels like nothing can fill this hole.

A hole left open by the blaze of the sun
Its rays beat down upon me
Paralyzed by its strength and its charm
I’m feeling there’s nothing to see.

My eyelids droop to send me to a slumber
I’ve been fooled and beaten by the sun
In its control, succumbed to its spell
Oh too familiar feeling that wasn’t fun

The breeze like a knight comes strolling in
Overpowers the sun and saves me within
My prison so that I can rise
And find my legs to leave the place I felt tied
Now this is a feeling I don’t want to forget
When I was freed and felt grateful not to hide.

No comments: