Saturday, July 30, 2005

Closing In On Me

Staring at the same four walls
Imaging stars may soon just fall
From the jet black sky that’s out tonight
Shower my life with hope and light.

The walls have dark razor sharp claws
Reaching out to memories I’ve stored
In my mind so I start to scream
The insanity that’s controlling me.

This room is not the enemy
I’m driven mad by how it confides me
My mind plays tricks, its on overdrive
Thw indow wide tells me I’ll survive.

Shall I jump
Will I fly or fall?
Will I get
To where I want at all?
I know the stars
Will rain on me
What is worse
Staying here or jumping free?

The same routine means I’m seeing things
The unknown as good and familiar as evil
My mind is saying to leave this place behind
At least I can take the chance and try
Instead of staying where I’ll rot and die.

No comments: