Thursday, May 08, 2008

One More Time Before I Let It Go

Create a new dream for me to dream
Wipe away those nightmares rolling down in tears
Catch one drifting word that seeps through
The air tonight as I toss and turn for the last time

Enough for now, no more tears or flashbacks
Locked away, I hide them, bury it, accept and move
On, forward, with you there hovering

Sweetness, Madness, descending gladness
The temperature drops for one last night
I've surrendered for just this night, the key in my hand
Ready to say goodbye, drowning surfer saved once again

Dropping it, loosening it,
I punch the air, and tear through the air's flesh
The covers suffocated in my claws
I dream it for the last time
Just one last time

I pull out a knife, the blade laced in murderous threats
And I kill it, the last time, the very last I promise
So it's gone, forgotten, the thoughts no longer there

Wake up now, wake up now it's safe,
A new dream has come, wrapped in an antidote for that poison you left

No comments: